3Dfollower
    • Oct 2022

Reduce Size of Texture Mesh collada format

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	116
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	9400
    The above image is properties of texture mesh 1 , when exported in collada format the size of .dae file is 706779 kb and jpg is 13671 kb

To reduce the size applied decimation reducing vertices by 10x on mesh and reproduced the texture mesh

when exported the new texture mesh collada format the size of .dae file is 684217 kb and jpg is 13671 kb

and these are the properties

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	85
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	9401

I want to create a texture mesh with high clarity but size should be less than 500MB

What should i change to get so
    ​​
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Sayeed khan

When you create your textured mesh, drop into the advanced options and set your max vertices to limit the size of the file. You definitely don't need such a high polycount, especially if it's going to end up as a unlit textured model.

Attached Files

Comment

• Sayeed khan
      3Dfollower
      • Oct 2022

can you give me an idea upto what vertices count should i set to can get .dae ,+ jpg close to 500mb size

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi Sayeed khan I don't know the specific polycount to MB conversion for .DAE - To solve this for yourself, I recommend going really low (512,000 or so polygons) and seeing what size that is. Then you can either up the polycount if you have the headroom, or reduce the count further for greater optimization

Comment

Working...