• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robert langh
    3Dfollower
    • Jun 2021

new watertightness parameters

Dear All,

With the current version of Zephyr light Im unable to find the new watertightness parameters, that was mentioned in the installer..
    (v. 7.517) Is it available for the light version too?

thanks, robert
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Robert,

you'll have to switch to the "advanced" mode in the stereo mesh generation wizard.

Yes, it's available in all 3DF Zephyr editions - there's no difference in the technology used for reconstruction across editions.

Comment

• robert langh
      3Dfollower
      • Jun 2021

Hi Andrea,

Strange, that I dont see anything new around the watertightness scale bar,
      mesh creation settings page,
      You mean the custom settings?
      What does the new parameter actually do?
      I would like to see some refinement on the edges, like this...
      video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

thanks a lot!
      robert

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Robert,

I'm not sure what you mean then with "new parameter"? I think you mean the thickness? That's not a new "watertightness" parameter, as that's still the same value you probably already knew about. The thickness is used for thin surfaces https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...g-thin-meshes/

It's hard to tell how to improve your results without looking at the photos themselves. If the problem are the edges, first check that the orientation is actually correct, second, I'd try raising the photoconsistency filter.

Comment

• robert langh
          3Dfollower
          • Jun 2021

Hi,

I like the new "automatic" thickness parameter, and the whole software,
          I just thought that the soft wavey edges would be more decorative for urban meshes,
          where the meshes are open, in opposition with the closed objects...
          maybe a filter could do this, but I dont find such filter in Meshlab...

thanks again, r

Comment

Working...