X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam3d
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Retain active Workspace Tool function when Panning/Orbiting

Currently the active tool is cancelled if the viewport changes by orbiting/zooming.

Could this be changed so the tool stays active? This would be helpful when trying to accurately define a plane or measuring etc

• Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

This seems more like a bug than a feature
    The selection tools (like the plane selection tool) remain active while panning/orbiting. What tool doesn't work? Can you make a quick video or share some screenshots?
    Thanks!

Comment

• sam3d
      3Dflourished
      • Feb 2018

Hi Roberto

I've made a quick screen recording showing the issue while the Measure tool but it's the same with the Plane Vector tool. Zooming is actually okay on it's own but panning stops the active tool.

I'd find it useful to be able to orbit/pan/zoom while the workspace tools are active for selection accuracy. For example I'd like to be able to level a mesh from a known feature (a building's damp proof course/plinth etc) picked from opposing elevations using the Plane Vectors tool.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi Sam,

I confirm it's a bug, thank you for reporting it! We'll fix it in the next release.

In the meantime, as a workaround, use the WASD navigation rather than the orbit/orbit pivot navigation to obtain the desired behaviour.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Filippo fixed it in the current beta build thanks again for reporting!

Comment

• sam3d
            3Dflourished
            • Feb 2018

Speedy!

I tried the WASD keys but the camera didn't move; any ideas why? The keypad functions work though - zoom, up, down etc

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

you probably didn't select the WASD mode (you need to switch from the toolbar)

Comment

• sam3d
                3Dflourished
                • Feb 2018

Got it, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢