• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gsucci
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Oct 2017

Avoiding holes in the mesh?

Hello,
    is there a way to force Zephyr to guess parts of the mesh instead of leaving a hole?

Also, using masquerade to create masks, does Zephyr automatically load the masks is they are saved in the same folder as the pictures, or do I need to tell it?

thank you, I love this program!

Regards

Gio
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hello Gio,

thank you for your kind words!

Yes, Zephyr will load automatically masks if they are in the photos images, however you must make sure to tick "mask images" in the new project wizard first page.

You can either use the "fill holes" mesh filter, if you want to simply close the holes, or you can play with the "watertightness" parameter by switching to advanced mode.

Comment

• Scanlex
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Oct 2017

G'day Andrea,

I started using Zephyr free recently.
      I check the generated .obj files with Netfabb. However these files are not seen as "valid" by Netfabb due to the fact that they are to small (just in millimeters).
      Did I miss a parameter in Zephyr to set the output in centimeters or whatever?

Kind regards,

Lex Brouwer

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hello Scanlex!

all reconstructions are initially in an arbitrary scale. In order to scale them to a real world size (such as millimeters) you need Zephyr Pro or Aerial, as they have control points - the operation for rescaling can be followed in this tutorial
        https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...es-3df-zephyr/
        Cheers!

Comment

• AvionAvionics
          3Dflourished
          • Nov 2017

Andrea Alessi I tried looking up the water tightness setting in the online manual for when you generate mesh but couldn't find it. Is that setting in the manual,is it a new feature, or am I just retarded and overlooking it?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi AvionAvionics,

the documentation is pretty big so don't worry if you miss something, simply ask, there are no stupid questions here

Watertightness is briefly explained here https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-pa...-tuning-guide/

And you can play with it from the advanced settings of the mesh generation

Comment

• AvionAvionics
              3Dflourished
              • Nov 2017

Question, I have noticed a lot of time that 3df zephyr creates holes but seems to connect them to an opposing side (therefore creating a seal hole) which I have tried playing around with the watertightness settings (numerous attempts at the increments of 2%, 20%, 50% and 100%). It seals some of the holes but not others and since they are sealed the Fill Holes Features don't detect them as holes. Is there some work around to this? It seems to mainly appear on objects that are either Black or white, and objects that thin like a plane wing.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

if i understand correctly, you want to use the "fill holes" filter. Basically, the fill holes will fill all detected holes, while the mesh generation will use visibility information. If i didn't understand your question, can you please post some screenshots? thanks!

Comment

• AvionAvionics
                  3Dflourished
                  • Nov 2017

I am sorry if I was unclear. I am finding it common to have holes similar to the ones in the image. That being said these holes tend to only appear on objects that are thin like a plane fin or floor and never seem to be detected using the "fill holes" filter. Any advice on how to solve these in zephyr or is this just something that needs to be solved via external software.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

Out of curiosity, did you try both the watertight filter and the selective filter? Any chance i could see the zep and photos?

Comment

• AvionAvionics
                      3Dflourished
                      • Nov 2017

Hey Andrea I tried the selective and completely overlooked the water tight filter. I noticed it before I saw your response and started it. Once it finishes I will see about getting you the requested materials if it doesn't show any improvement. Sorry for bothering you, Thank you for your time, I greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                        3Dflow Staff
                        • Oct 2013

Don't worry, always happy to help

all questions are always welcome!

Comment

Working...