X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Corkum
    3Dflower
    • Oct 2017

Issue with color rendering of .DNG files

I shot an object in raw (.dng) and when loaded into 3DF Zephyr they are rendered as yellow. Those same images render properly in irfan view which suggests that either I am not loading the images properly or there is a bug related to .dng files.
    The forums will not allow me to attach a .dng file so I have converted it to .jpeg and attached that along with a screen capture of the same image within the software.
    The model generated from the dng files can be found here:
    My 3D model generated with 3DF Zephyr v3.302 processing 30 images - Standing Stone (Raw Image Test) - 3D model by Corkum

Which, aside from being oddly yellow, is otherwise being generated properly.

Has any one else experienced this issue or am I missing a step with importing raw image formats?
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Corkum,

thanks for sharing the information about the problem. I think this is due to a wrong colorspace conversion done inside Zephyr. Zephyr makes use of the dcraw library for dealing with raw formats, but I don't think there is a bug with all the dng file. It's more probably a specific with some dng files. If you can send us a sample file we can have a look at it (you can simply send the file at support@3dflow.net or load them in an external website like wetransfer).
    Meanwhile, my suggestion is to convert the files with an external tool to an uncompressed 16 bit or 32 bit format like tiff, if you want to use the full image information in Zephyr.
    Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2018-12-11, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Corkum
      3Dflower
      • Oct 2017

Thanks for looking into this for me, I've sent the file to the supplied email address as a gdrive link (as the file is 25.1mb).
      In the meantime, is there a conversion tool you recommend?

Comment

• Roberto
        3Dflow
        • Jun 2011

Thank you, file received and yes it's yellow in Zephyr . We'll look into that.

As for the external converter, a commercial alternative is certainly Photoshop, where you can convert raw files in batch. I think that also the free Irfanview has a batch conversion utility. As a third alternative you can use the command line application of imagemagick.

Comment

• Roberto
          3Dflow
          • Jun 2011

Ok we have solved the problem in our development version. It was due to an incorrect white balancing. If you want to test it I can send you a beta key. Thank you again for reporting it!

Comment

• Corkum
            3Dflower
            • Oct 2017

Thanks Roberto, I would be happy to test it in beta if you like. The speed of both your response and solution was most impressive!

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Hi Corkum,

adding you to the beta tester pool using the email you used to register to the forum

I'll send you your key and link there!

Comment

Working...