X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AvionAvionics
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2017

Complete reconstruction

Hello everyone, I am new to 3df zephyr and photogrammetry as well so I am just wanting to make sure I understand everything correctly.

Basically i am trying to recreate objects in 3d using 3df zephyr and photosets. I have two questions that I am hoping someone can give me some guidance.

1. If we have a stationary object on a table how would one get proper photos of its bottom? I imagine that it involves flipping the object over along with any idicators (like numbers used to indicate sides) and take another photo-set then add them together?

2. the mesh seem smooth in 3df zephyr but whenever i export and bring them into 3ds max they seem to get very rough. I thought i went through the tutorials and tinkered with the settings but I just cant seem to get 3ds max versions to be the same quality as the 3df zephyr.

• Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hi Avion Avionics,

1 - Yes, that is correct. If the object is welltextured enough, you can move your object during the acquisition but you have to use masking to trick the software and reconstruct the whole object at once:
    Using the masking Tool   Welcome to the 3DF Zephyr tutorial series. In this recipe, you will learn when and how to use 3DF masquerade to mask images. This feature requires 3DF Zephyr v 1.100 or higher.   Step 1 – Introduction 3DF … Read More

2 - What format are you using for export? I would suggest fbx, but honestly I don't think it's an exporting problem. It might be due to different rendering settings. Please try to activate the illumination in Zephyr and try also the new shaders system in v. 3.5 to check if the surface is really smooth inside Zephyr. If it's not smooth or contain noise, it's always better to pay attention to the acquisition. Eventually, you can also selectively smooth the surface by using the mesh filters:
    Understanding mesh and point cloud filters   Welcome to the 3DF Zephyr tutorial series. In this guide, you will learn how to use correctly point cloud, mesh filters, and photoconsistency in Zephyr. The filters work directly on the dense point … Read More

Comment

Working...