• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charles
    3Dflower
    • Jun 2013

Dense point cloudDense point cloud

[!--:en--]Hello,

I was trying out Samantha's latest release, 1.40, so far runs great on the test. The point cloud is rather sparse, how can I obtain a dense cloud? Is that through your other un-released code?

Thank you![!--:--][!--:it--]Hello,

I was trying out Samantha's latest release, 1.40, so far runs great on the test. The point cloud is rather sparse, how can I obtain a dense cloud? Is that through your other un-released code?

Thank you![!--:--]
  • Andrea
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Jun 2011

Hi Charles. Glad to know Samantha is working well. Our Multiview Stereo technology (Stasia) can produce a dense point cloud and a triangular mesh starting from the Samantha output. However, we don't plan to release it as a command line application. Samantha and Stasia will be part of a commercial product (3DF Zephyr) we will be releasing next month. We will put soon more details about Zephyr on our website.

Comment

• Charles
      3Dflower
      • Jun 2013

That's awesome, and I'm sure will be well received. Will there be any academic licensing options? I'm a Ph.d. student not looking for commercial licensing at the moment.

Comment

• Andrea
        Blossoming 3Dflower
        • Jun 2011

Academic license is not on our roadmap, but there will be a very cheap license for personal use (non-commercial).

Comment

• Charles
          3Dflower
          • Jun 2013

I look forward to it, in the meantime is PMVS2 the best approach to get the dense points (it works pretty well)? I don't suppose you need a beta tester?

Comment

• Charles
            3Dflower
            • Jun 2013

Some feedback, it would be nice to support multiple GPUs.

Comment

• Roberto
              3Dflow
              • Jun 2011

Hello Charles. Thanks for you interest and feedback. You can certainly use PMVS2 for generating a dense point cloud starting from the Samantha output. Regarding the beta testing, we may accept a few additional testers when the gui has been completed (1-2 weeks). I'll let you know by the end of the month. The multi-Gpus support will be added in the future but at the moment it's not high priority.

Comment

• Roberto
                3Dflow
                • Jun 2011

Just a quick note to say the form for beta application is online at this address: https://www.3dflow.net/?page_id=797[br /]

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎