X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stormy
    3Dfollower
    • Jun 2018

Zephyr ignoring parts of UV

Hi, I'm encountering a quite frustrating problem. I have unwrapped a piece of wall on blender to reimport it in Zephyr, all import happened normally, but after reprojection it seems like Zephyr has ignored some parts of the UVs (see image below). I tried modifying the UVs back in Blender but it doesn't change anything, and I did other pieces of wall with the same process and it worked perfecly well! What could it be, how could I fix it?
    Thanks.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Stormy,

did you move the model? you must not translate the model in blender, if that's the case, you should re-open the model in blender and put it back to its original point before exporting it again

Comment

• Stormy
      3Dfollower
      • Jun 2018

I've merged some element made directly in blender (window cross) and it seems like the join command may affect the overall transformation of the object.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

I'm not a blender expert but it shouldn't affect it, unless maybe you set the newly created element as parent? If you find the culprit let us know

Comment

• Stormy
          3Dfollower
          • Jun 2018

okay so now a new problem appear while trying to fix the first one. I export my mesh from blender, it's supposed to be one whole mesh. But when I import it into Zephyr, only the part I made is loaded! :/ The part imported from Zephyr to Blender is ignored..

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Make sure you have one single mesh, also no quads (they have been added in the current beta, so if you're on 3.702 only use triangles)

Comment

• Stormy
              3Dfollower
              • Jun 2018

I'm on the 3.702 so I'm triangulating all exports. When you say one single mesh, it mean that it can have two different mesh, merged in a single object, right?

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Yes, that's what i mean!

Comment

• Stormy
                  3Dfollower
                  • Jun 2018

Hi, back from weekend, I did everything back and now it seem like Zephyr can't import my mesh, but I can't determine why. Here is the log:

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                    3Dflow Staff
                    • Oct 2013

Hi Stormy,

any chance you could share with me the mesh and project (zep+photos) ? This way is much easier for me to help you

Comment

• Stormy
                      3Dfollower
                      • Jun 2018

There's 2Go of RAW photos so It will take time to upload but yes I can do this!

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                        3Dflow Staff
                        • Oct 2013

Great! Do you have a service you can use or shall i open up a space on our server for you?

Comment

• Stormy
                          3Dfollower
                          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Andrea Alessi
                          Great! Do you have a service you can use or shall i open up a space on our server for you?
                          I'm uploading everything on Google Drive and I'll send you a download link when it's done!

Comment

• Stormy
                            3Dfollower
                            • Jun 2018

Here is the link to a folder with photos, zep file and last obj meshes used.
                            To use Google Drive, you need to use a supported web browser. Learn what a browser is, which browser you use, and how to update to the latest version. Option 1: Find the update for your browser To
                            Last edited by Stormy; 2018-06-25, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...