X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogerio53
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2018

generated mesh with "spikes"

Hello. I am trying your software (free version). I follow the workflow steps not changing any parameters.

In the final stage (textured mesh) I get a model that seems to have spikes on it.

What can I do? What parameters must be changed?

Do you need that I send the files?

Thank you.
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hello rogerio,

in order to help you with your issue we either need some screenshots that highlights the problem or the full datasets with zep file.

It may be some noise that need cleanup or it may be some other issue, so without having any image or reference is hard to help you

Comment

• rogerio53
      3Dflower
      • Aug 2018

The zep file is 320M and I cannot sent it in here. Is there any other way? attach screenshot
      Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

from the second image it looks like some cameras are not oriented correctly (the face looks "misaligned"). Did you use a fixed rig or did you move around the subject? If so, then most likely the subject moved and this can make a dataset unusuable.

If that's the case, i suggest you try taking a video rather than photos, as it will be much faster and that would minimize movements. Here is a great tutorial from Nick Lievendag's blog https://3dscanexpert.com/free-3d-sca...eo-smartphone/

If you want to share the dataset, you can either send it via wetransfer to support@3dflow.net or i can contact you privately, let me know!
        Last edited by Andrea Alessi; 2018-12-11, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• rogerio53
          3Dflower
          • Aug 2018

My wife moved around me. I am going to try the video sugestion. Used wetransfer to send zep file. Thank you.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

Hi rogerio,

i had a quick look at your Zep file. The issue you are facing is definetly given by some cameras not oriented correctly or you moving while the dataset has been acquired. This is easy to see if you overlay your photos with the 3D reconstruction (simply click images in the camera navigator)

Click image for larger version

Name:	misaligned.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	3099

However, without the original images it's very hard for me to see if you actually moved or if zephyr wrongly computed the camera position (it may happen sometimes). However i think you moved a bit, as this error is pretty common regardless, if you wish to also share the images, i'll happily take a look at them too.

Comment

• rogerio53
              3Dflower
              • Aug 2018

Thank you. I am going to transfer the images. Thank you again.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                3Dflow Staff
                • Oct 2013

Hi rogerio,

thank you for the images. I did a quick test and yes, it looks like you moved a little too much. Unfortunately it's hard to stay still for a long time.

The photo quality is good enough, so keep shooting like that. Simply try to stay more still and/or do a quicker capture, that should do the trick!

If you have any more datasets you wish to share, let me know, and i will also open up an account on our server for you so you can upload data more easily.

Comment

• rogerio53
                  3Dflower
                  • Aug 2018

Thank you. I will try later today. I will post the result.

Comment

• mickeyjhon
                    Blossoming 3Dflower
                    • Jul 2018

helpful information,

Comment

• rogerio53
                      3Dflower
                      • Aug 2018

Tried again past weekend. Both with photos and video. With video the result is better. I did a print and got good result. Now I have to play with settings to try to improve.
                      Than you.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍