X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DanB
    3Dfollower
    • Aug 2018

First animation from free version

I'm new to the Zephyr program but not to modeling in general. My goal was to find a program that would let me scan and build models I could edit and use in AutoCAD or Fusion360, then also scale down and 3D print. Well as I am finding out the whole model generation process is not easily or cheaply achieved!

This is my first real scene and also the first of the animation attempts. 44 photos used originally. The animation path was picked from viewpoints on the screen and not the actual camera locations. This way you can get the scene framed as you want and even zoom in or back etc.

The animator is a funny critter, I received various errors after starting the file generation process and eventually I get a message that the file has been loaded to Youtube. I never see any dialog to select the export type of video file. Maybe that's not an option at least in the free version?

I'll experiment more with this type of scene (mainly because it lets me document a recreation what my wife is doing with the yard etc) and continue to learn what I can using the program.

Looking at purchasing the lite version since I know I can't really justify the pro and aerial versions.
    Fun so far!

• Nedo
    3Dflow Cup 2018 winner
    • Nov 2016

hey DanB this looks actually very nice!

Comment

• DanB
      3Dfollower
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Nedo
      hey DanB this looks actually very nice!
      Thanks Nedo! I'm excited to see that it did a pretty good job considering I don't know fully what I am doing just yet. This was processed on my old laptop, no Cuda, amazing that it performed the tasks.

I'm trying to think of ways to justify it for other uses around home and then some applications here at the office possibly.

I want to run another animation where it will slow down and zoom in on a couple of areas and show better detail on the leaves and rocks.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi DanB!

good job, thanks for sharing!

The free version can only upload animations to youtube, while lite/pro/aerial also allow to export to your computer.

You can download 3DF Zephyr Lite from here :https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-ev...download-page/

When installing, you get also 14 days of free trial, no registration required. Feel free to ask anytime if you need help!

Comment

• DanB
          3Dfollower
          • Aug 2018

Here's the first pass at the 54 Chevy done with 50 photos shot using a Phantom 4. Some day I will shoot it again and focus on more consistency in the photos.
          The animation path was created manually, not from the actual photo set.

Last edited by DanB; 2018-08-21, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• DanB
            3Dfollower
            • Aug 2018

Another garden. Something like 26 photos for this one and not a lot of effort really.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Nice!

Quick tip of the day: you can very quickly remove automatically all those disconnected floating blobs using the "connected component" triangle selection (and then by clicking delete)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Xo-ukWUhU (from 3:17)

Comment

• DanB
                3Dfollower
                • Aug 2018

Thanks for the tip! Anxious to get back to experimenting some here soon and check more of the tutorials.

One thing that takes me a few steps is to get the camera icons turned off. Is there a quick key or menu item that toggles them on / off? Seems I have to display the project menu, expand the camera list, then right click on one of the images and "hide all".

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                  3Dflow Staff
                  • Oct 2013

i personally go in the options menu (wrench icon) and move the camera scale slider all the way to the left

Comment

• DanB
                    3Dfollower
                    • Aug 2018

That works well! Lots of tabs and parameters to check out under options menu. I'll play around some and get a little more familiar.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...