X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dogblessyourart
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2018

Export vertex colors

How would I go about exporting the vertex colors to Maya? I'm using the free version of Zephyr. Obj doesn't seem to store vertex colors... I tried exporting Ply. Tried converting that to dae with an online converter. Nothing have worked so far.
  • dogblessyourart
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2018

I tried opening the exported ply in Meshlab after finding some guides on how to convert vertex color to texture(which would be good enough for my purpose), but it shows up grey. I can't find any setting I might have overlooked, and if I try to export; the saving option for vert color is disabled. Likewise when I import the ply back into Zephyr, it has no color. Does the ply export in Zephyr Free include vert color?

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi!

3DF Zephyr Free does not include vertex colour, only JPG as a UV texture. If you want to try out one of the paid versions of 3DF Zephyr you can find downloads here https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-ev...download-page/

Comment

• dogblessyourart
        3Dflower
        • Sep 2018

Ok, good to know Does the Lite version include vertex color export?

Anyway, I think I found an acceptable workaround. Import textured obj to MeshLab, convert texture to vertex colors, then convert vertex colors to texture and export. Perhaps could be done easier, but at least I get the effect I was after.

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

Hey again - Yep 3DF Zephyr Lite has vertex export capability - Even OBJ vertex export! - Though personally I use PLY for my vertex colour mesh exports, its nice to have the option
          Last edited by cam3d; 2018-09-21, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• dogblessyourart
            3Dflower
            • Sep 2018

Cool, thanks! Seems worth trying out then, would make things easier

Comment

• cam3d
              3Dflover
              • Sep 2017

No problem! - If you have any more questions the forum is very responsive - Otherwise have you checked out the discord or facebook group 3DFlow Academy? https://www.3dflow.net/community/ - Loads of super helpful people around with the same questions!

Comment

Working...