Bebop 2+Pix4DCapture data set 6 of 35 OK?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesoundsmith
    3Dfollower
    • Apr 2019

Bebop 2+Pix4DCapture data set 6 of 35 OK?

I looked at similar questions but never was clear. Total newbie, so terminology is probably wrong, sorry. I have taken 2 flights with a Bebop 2 calibrated (but not in Zephyr yet) Circular flights around our home. Of the 35 pictures, only six were used. They all look clear although there are significant shadows, it has rained for weeks and now even cloudy is too bright. But before I spend the time masking photos again, only to find them unused, can you tell me what I can do to get more of them 'good enough?' Thanks. This will never be more than a hobby, but it is fun.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi thesoundsmith - can you please share the original image dataset to help us determine what the issues are?

Based on the provided information, it sounds like you might not have enough overlap between shots (35 pics is a very small dataset for a house of any size)

Comment

• thesoundsmith
      3Dfollower
      • Apr 2019

How? I just tried to upload the jpgs, by using the camera icon but they are each 2.4M and are rejected.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Personally I share files with google drive, or weTransfer. There are a lot of different file sharing services out there, so whichever one suits you best

Comment

• thesoundsmith
          3Dfollower
          • Apr 2019

I just tried a zipp[ed file, 99Mb also failed. JSON error when parsed. I'll try just the zipped photos. Tried zip file , failed to open a temp file. What am I missing?
          Last edited by thesoundsmith; 2019-04-10, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Try using https://wetransfer.com/ - will be a lot easier: support@3dflow.net is the email address you'll want to send it to.
            Last edited by cam3d; 2019-04-10, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• thesoundsmith
              3Dfollower
              • Apr 2019

Thanks, I tried and it worked! The file is sent. Now. What's wrong?

I used the slow process, stopping for each picture so not video. There were 35 photos, set to default overlap (80%?). The main issue I see is lighting, the sun was brighter than optimal ,but I waited three weeks to get weather THIS good...

I think I need to get farther back to get the baseline area properly, but that does not address this issue. Thanks for any help.
              Last edited by thesoundsmith; 2019-04-10, 05:36 PM. Reason: Finally have a dataset.

Comment

• cam3d
                3Dflover
                • Sep 2017

Hi again -

I've now had a chance to review your images - With the alignment preset 'Aerial>Deep' I was able to align 19/35 images. Dense preset 'Aerial>Default', used the 'Editing>Selection' tools to cut away the excess points, then meshed with 'Aerial>Default' and textured with a single texture map:

Click image for larger version

Name:	msehVersion.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	4913Click image for larger version

Name:	colourVersion.jpg
Views:	609
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	4914

When your images don't align with one preset, I advise that you incrementally step it up to the next level of alignment settings - This should yield better results, though it's always advised to re-acquire data which aligns with the default settings (if possible), as this tends to give you the best results.

If you were to re-shoot this, I'd take more photos directly above the house. and maybe get a little bit closer if possible?

Hope this feedback was helpful!

Comment

• thesoundsmith
                  3Dfollower
                  • Apr 2019

Very much so, thank you. In the interim by selecting "Aggressive" while matching cameras I got several more aligned as well. I'll try that preset. I can get closer, but this was literally the first set of flights I have made with a drone ,so I was being cautious. Thaks for the lesson.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎