Set point of origin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set point of origin?

Hello all, have just been doing some testing in our paid version of 3DF lite. Is it possible to set the origin point of a model or is this only possible in the pro version?

For our test we have imported a stl file of a randomly oriented cube. I am able to align the base of the model to the Z plane using “Define the up vector by selecting the ground plane” tool. I can also align the X and Y planes using the “Define the plane vectors by selecting two axes” tool however the X and Y planes of the model are offset to that of the workspace. It appears 3DF is centering the model in relation to the X and Y planes.

Currently our cube is sitting on the z plane but the origin point is in the centre of the cube Z face, we are wanting to be able to set the origin point to a corner of the cube, I have attached a sketch to explain..

I understand it is possible to adjust this in other software but as we are processing numerous scans we want to streamline the process as best as possible.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50115A88-6052-42CD-AFEB-D30C8B18E51B.jpeg
Views:	20
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	5172

Hi 3DukeEngineering,

the most accurate way to do that is via control points (available in 3DF Zephyr Pro and Aerial only) - so you can define a control point and then set it as a 3D constraint for 0,0,0.

However, in 3DF Zephyr Lite that is not possible. You can however easily move your object via the gizmo. 0,0,0 is the center of the grid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gizmo.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	261.6 KB
ID:	5174

Comment

Working...
    X