Bumby point cloud / Mesh suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Alessi
    replied
    Hello ryutosakura, with dataset we mean photos and zep file, so we can see exactly what we're dealing with - it's hard to tell from some screenshots only

My guess (but until we see the photos and zep that's all it is - a guess) is that you have bumps only where the porcelain is completely uniform. That is normal unfortunately due to the fact that completely plain surfaces are hard to process for photogrammetry in general, and you should consider eventually an advanced approach such as dirtying the surface or using projected patterns ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06k...ature=youtu.be , 4:20 mark )

Eventually, you can try using the SfS if you're using Zephyr Pro or Aerial since it's a very simple shape.

Leave a comment:

• ryutosakura
    replied
    Hi cam3d - I guess with data set you mean the log-file from the reconstruction, right?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cydt72g89...eY3rCfnXa?dl=0
    Last edited by ryutosakura; 2019-09-06, 12:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cam3d
    replied
    Hi ryutosakura - Can you upload your data-set to google drive or something like that and share it so we can have a look at give you feedback? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• ryutosakura
    started a topic Bumby point cloud / Mesh suggestions?

Bumby point cloud / Mesh suggestions?

Hey folks,

I am really struggling right now to create a smooth and clean mesh. I took 108 photos and masked them, the allignment was succesfull and i created a dense point cloud with the settings below. (pic1)

Click image for larger version

Name:	settings dense cloud.PNG
Views:	504
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	5630

As you can see the cloud looks quite good at the 1st. look, but there are some bumby surfaces at the top of the vase. (pic2)

Name:	dense pointcloud1.PNG
Views:	425
Size:	918.1 KB
ID:	5631

I kept on going an created the mesh with following settings. (pic3) As expected the mesh was bumby as the cloud. (pic4)

Name:	mesh extractions settings.PNG
Views:	412
Size:	713.1 KB
ID:	5633

Name:	mesh extraction result.PNG
Views:	419
Size:	640.0 KB
ID:	5632

I tried the mesh filters as it is suggested in the tutorials but the mesh is still bumby. The result after applying the filter is the following.

Name:	mesh filter setting1.PNG
Views:	411
Size:	921.0 KB
ID:	5634

There was many attempts but none was good enough. I am out of ideas.
    Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks Br.

Chris

Working...