X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryencool
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Nov 2019

Can you use new smartphones? Note 10?

I have successfully used zephyr with my large digital slr, but when I used my cellphone pics didnt work? I circled around a little pikachu figurine and took about 65 photos around it. When I loaded the photos into zephyr instead of a clear model with all the blue photo locations circled around it was a jumbled mess. Do smartphone photographs not include enough information for zephyr to use?
  • Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

Hi Ryencool,

you can use any camera with zephyr, however the quality of the lense, sensor size, lighting and subject all play a vital role.

You will generally get less beautiful results using a cellphone or any device with a small sensor, but in this case i think the problem may have been the figurine, as pikachu is not very textured and i assume being a plastic one, which bring in shadows. Moreover, if you shot indoors, not having the control you have with a DSLR leave you with images that are not very suitable for photogrammetry.

If you can share your photos with me, I'll be happy to give you more specific insights.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎