X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DGHaZe
    3Dflower
    • May 2020

3DF Zephyr doesn't want to use photos

I will immediately answer the question on the camera, I took pictures on the phone: xiaomi redmi 5 plus. And even as you can see, I printed a special platform which, according to my idea, was supposed to help the program but did not help (((. I also looked at the video lessons on the channel on this topic, did everything as indicated but did not help. Please help me deal with this issue.

P.S I think that perhaps this problem is connected with the focal distance. Since on my phone there is no way to adjust it precisely or set it manually.
  • DGHaZe
    3Dflower
    • May 2020

A couple of photos that I could upload here.

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi DGHaZe -

Welcome to the forum - To answer your question:

- Your subject (blue plastic) has a smooth featureless surface and is a bit shiny. These kinds of surfaces are very hard to construct using photogrammetry. As you are just starting out, it makes more sense to practice on a feature-rich subject first, such as a tree stump or a rock.

- Your special platform does not help Zephyr. The best way to help Zephyr orient cameras successfully is to use a feature-rich surface. Perlin noise (image attached) is a great example of a feature-rich surface.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1_vs239SecVBaB4HvLsZ8O5Q.png
Views:	1029
Size:	427.9 KB
ID:	6317

- We have a series of video tutorials which I highly recommend to everyone, pro or beginner: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...hyr-tutorials/ along with extensive documentation: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...documentation/

I hope this was helpful to you! If you have specific questions that are not covered by our video tutorials or documentation, let us know and we can help guide you to the correct solutions.

Comment

• DGHaZe
        3Dflower
        • May 2020

Thanks for the answer cam3dhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1xLo...ew?usp=sharing
        Wooden man: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OZn...ew?usp=sharing
        Cat sugar bowl: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xlM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

DGHaZe thanks for sharing those datasets - I'll download them and have a look

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

On inspection of your datasets:

With the preset: General Deep Zephyr orients 32/34 images and create a full model of 'figured stone':

Name:	32_34.JPG
Views:	1117
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	6332

Using General Deep Zephyr orients 20/27 images of 'Wooden Man':

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1045
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	6333

And finally, your 'Cat Sugar Bowl' with the same settings gets 13/27 images:

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	1025
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	6334

Things to note:

- Across all your datasets there appears to be sharpening applied to every image, this can cause issues with processing and is sometimes unavoidable when you are using a phone camera. It is recommended to use a DSLR or other fully controllable camera for the best results possible, however, I understand not everyone has access to a DLSR or equivalent hardware. It is harder to use a phone camera successfully, but not impossible.

- The Cat Sugar Bowl dataset has a very high ISO value (3200) This high ISO adds noise to the images which one of the root causes of orientation problems. Your dataset of the 'Figured Stone' which has a much lower ISO (200) which is giving higher quality images and therefore more reliable camera orientation.

- Some of your photographs (mostly in the Wooden Man dataset) are shot at 1/33 sec and have motion blur. This blur makes it much harder to orient cameras in 3D space. Again, looking back at the more successful 'Figured Stone' which has a faster shutter speed and minimal motion blur, and is more successful as a result of this.

- I recommend taking photographs outside on a bright day with cloud overhead. The brightness of the sun helps to give you low ISO and fast shutter speeds, while the cloud diffuses the light, reducing shadow and giving even lighting to the surface of your subject.

I hope this was informative - Please let me know if you have any further specific questions about the photogrammetry process.

Comment

• DGHaZe
              3Dflower
              • May 2020

Thanks for the answer cam3d

Comment

Working...