• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AbbasA
    3Dfollower
    • Feb 2021

Measure object area

Hi,

I want to measure the area of an object (for example all leaves of a plant) and also its projected area relative to horizontal plane. Does 3Dzephyr provide any option for this propose? If yes, which version should I use?

Thank you,
    Abbas
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi again AbbasA - I'm not entirely sure what you mean regarding projected area relative to the horizontal plane, however:

- You can calculate the area of a mesh using the full version of 3DF Zephyr. You can do this through: Tools>Distances and Measurements>Area
    - You can also calculate the volume of a mesh using the full version of 3DF Zephyr. Here is a video tutorial that touches on the subject: https://youtu.be/LwPvxj60oWY

Comment

• AbbasA
      3Dfollower
      • Feb 2021

Hi,

Thank you for your help. Please find the image attached regarding the projected area of a 3d object. I draw a red square around the projected area (blue color). Based on the image, can 3d zephyr calculate the projected area of an object?

Thank you,
      Abbas

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Mmm - I don't think there's a straightforward way of calculating this in 3DF Zephyr, however you could potentially use orthophotos to help solve the calculation? Typically they are used for mapping purposes, but once you have your 3D scene projected to a 2D plane this could be useful information to work with.

Comment

• AbbasA
          3Dfollower
          • Feb 2021

Hi,

Thank you!

Abbas

Comment

Working...