• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paxtammy
    3Dflower
    • Mar 2021

Brand new to #DF Zephyr!! Some camera shooting questions

So I just bought the lite version, yay!
    My question is, I will be using an iphone camera, although I do have a professional camera, but I don't know how to use it as I have never done any photography nor do I understand any of the settings.

With that said, I am curious about the workflow or flow of the photo shoots. Should I start above the subject and work down in 360 degrees capturing the angles? Should I start at bottom and work up? Does it matter the sequence of my photos or is just trying to take as many angles as possible good enough?
    I have seen some videos on photogrammetry and they are saying to to follow a shooting path and not randomize the sequence of photos being shot.

Does this matter?
  • CG-Guy
    3Dflover
    • Apr 2018

Taking shots in a 360 order up or down should work. I would get to know your real camera on tripod as its cleaner shots. I use Canon 80D.

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Hi paxtammy

We have a range of different video tutorials and written documentation which you can find here: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...hyr-tutorials/

When shooting photographs it makes sense to have some order to the capture sequence for a couple of reasons:

1. It helps you keep track of what's been captured and what is yet to be captured.
      2. Camera orientation can be a bit faster when processing using the sequential photo ordering technique.

For most of my processing I leave photo ordering on 'Unordered' regardless of ordering, as this step is pretty fast anyway and treating them as unordered can provide a more robust camera solve as there are more datapoints which are cross referenced

Comment

• paxtammy
        3Dflower
        • Mar 2021

Thanks guys. I have been using my canon rebel t7 and learning how to use it. My only question now, is, I am masking an object using a turn table and using masquerade. However, my background is very similar to some parts on my model and the masquerade is a bit sloppy as i cannot catch the exact model due to the color conflicts. Will this effect my model after rendering?

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

It depends on how inaccurate the mask is and how many features there are in the background vs foreground - try and get it as close as possible and see how that goes

Comment

Working...