• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • relokananta
    3Dfollower
    • Mar 2021

no GPU usage in system info

hi guys,
    i've been using Zephyr for quite a while (~3 months), yesterday i tried to reinstall my windows and also reinstall zephyr.
    but after i reinstall zephyr, there is no GPU stats anymore in the system info.
    does this mean, that my GPU is not detected?
    under tools->Options->CUDA is enabled and i guess my GPU is detected.
    anyone know why does it not showing my GPU in system info?
    i've also updated my nvidia driver to the latest(466.27)
    i've also installed cuda toolkit

the system info always not showing my GPU. i've tried in benchmark as well as normal project.
    I'll appreiate any answers or response!
    Thanks.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi relokananta - That's quite odd - Do the RAM/CPU/DISK not show any kind of activity either? Paging Andrea Alessi

Comment

• relokananta
      3Dfollower
      • Mar 2021

Hi, RAM/CPU/DISK is showing activity, it is only the GPU not showing anything.

Comment

• relokananta
        3Dfollower
        • Mar 2021

here is how it looks like. it usually has 2 more lines in this statistics as far as i know, one for GPU temp, and one for GPU usage, but it is not there anymore. i do not know what i did wrong
        Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Hi!

That's weird - could you share a log so we can see if there's anything particular about your setup?

Thanks!

Comment

• relokananta
            3Dfollower
            • Mar 2021

Hi Andrea Alessi,

Sure, here is my log, i uploaded it to drive and share the link. Because the log file exceeded the max size for a file to be attached.
            log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utt...ew?usp=sharing
            for information. i tried to do the reconstruction and nothing seems out of ordinary. it is only the GPU not shown in the system info.
            i do not know for sure, whether the computation getting slower or not (i am assuming, the GPU is not utilized properly)

Thanks

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by relokananta
              Hi Andrea Alessi,

Sure, here is my log, i uploaded it to drive and share the link. Because the log file exceeded the max size for a file to be attached.
              log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1utt...ew?usp=sharing
              for information. i tried to do the reconstruction and nothing seems out of ordinary. it is only the GPU not shown in the system info.
              i do not know for sure, whether the computation getting slower or not (i am assuming, the GPU is not utilized properly)

Thanks
              Thank you for the log!

While Zephyr in the GPU shows it is indeed using it ( see the [GPU 0] rows ) there is this error on startup

[00:58:14] Init NVML failed! [error 999]

This indicates a driver issue on your machine. Is this a virtual machine running under linux? If so pay attention not to mix a package driver with a runfile installer for the nvidia drivers. This is just a wild guess on my part, by looking at similar issues on the nvidia developer forum.

Regardless, this particular error is a driver issue so I would recommend deleting the nvidia drivers completely, rebooting, and re-installing them.

I hope this helps!

Comment

• marshallmodder
                3Dflower
                • Apr 2021

I don't think my 3080 reports much usage when it certainly is doing work. I think there is a difference between the compute units and the main processing unit on the card. That's my theory.

Comment

Working...