X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbylart
    3Dflower
    • Jun 2021

No photos accepted with video input

Hello, Hope I can get some advice on my issue regarding using a video to extract photos. It's a standard .mp4 video taken from a high resolution phone.

After selecting the 60sec video (122MB) and choosing .5 FPS (ie 1 Frame every 2secs) I can see all the image file names displayed. It showed around 30 images so I assume some were too similar to be included.

However when I choose the NEXT button there are NO files displayed at all on the next window. It's like 3df Zephyr rejects all the images extracted from the last step. No files are saved in the folder either which seems a bit weird.

I don't know if this is relevant but the video was shown in landscape orientation at the first step rather than portrait in which is was taken.

Anyway, I hope someone has some idea what's going on. I had also taken about 10 images of the same tree trunk and everything went great during the process with a good mesh result at the end.

I understand the video is only part of a tree trunk but any type of final mesh would be great as I can't seem to get past the first process. This video was just a test to see how extracting the video images work.

The video seems to large to attach I'm afraid.

Thanks in advance
    Ray.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi rbylart - I followed your steps and was unable to reproduce the issue. Can you please let us know which version of 3DF Zephyr you are using? (version number eg. 6.004) and also share a log file if possible? https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...hyr-log-files/

You can upload your video to a file sharing service such as google drive and put a link here for us to inspect. Thanks!

Comment

• rbylart
      3Dflower
      • Jun 2021

Thanks for your reply. I have just downloaded the free version to do some testing and I love the idea of taking a video and then extracting images from it. So the version is the latest - 6.004

Here is a link to the video I took on my Samsung A51 mobile phone.

It might be something to to with my video. I can watch it OK on my PC. It's only 1 min long. I hope you can figure it why the images are rejected.

Thanks again.

Comment

• rbylart
        3Dflower
        • Jun 2021

Hi, I just tried again using the same video and this time I changed the auto-discard threshold to 0. Everything worked great and accepted all the images this time. The end result was better than expected. Onwards and upwards and thanks for replying to my question Cam3d.

Comment

Working...