Problem with dense point cloud: part of the model is missing (like it was cut off)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malmakil
    3Dflower
    • Sep 2021

Problem with dense point cloud: part of the model is missing (like it was cut off)

Hello! Last year I started using Zephyr and created this post: https://www.3dflow.net/forums/forum/...-of-the-photos

Since then, I tried to follow the tips present in the answers (thank you for that, I started with no clue about what I was doing) and indeed the changes in the capture method showed great improvment in the quality of the images and in Zephyr's capacity of orientate them right.

Now we're using no painted rocks over a cube with targets (just to scale the model), turning them by hand, taking pictures of 2 different angles, with a green background.

The result are sets of images like theese (one for each angle):

9,5 - 1 - Horizontal album hosted in ImgBB

9,5 - 1 - Superior album hosted in ImgBB

Zephyr always orientate right every single image, but some of the samples are showing the very same problem over and over: when I try to create the dense point cloud, part of the model (that was present in the sparse cloud) just vanishes.

It's very important that I get the missing part, since I can't scale the model without it, and our final goal is to mensurate as exactly as we can the rock's surface area.

I would be very grateful if you can help me with this, beacause I already tried everyting I can think of.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Malmakil - It's most likely the bounding box cutting off the feature poor cubes and discarding the data. You can change the bounding box method through the advanced settings in the project wizard. I've attached an image for your reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	bounding.png
Views:	166
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	7900
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...