X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KenmoJr
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2022

Zephyr Lite

If one purchases Zephyr Lite, when version 7 is released are they charged the full price as if they were purchasing as a new user or do they get a reduced upgrade price?

Thanks very much...
  • KenmoJr
    3Dflourished
    • Jan 2022

I hope I am not being a nuisance but I would also like to also ask if Zephyr has the ability to build meshes from "depth maps" as does Metashape. I noticed in the demo version of Metashape 1.8 when I used this option the mesh was smooth and not as bumpy with more detail then Metashape's from dense cloud or Zephyr's meshes.

Thanks kindly....

Comment

• cam3d
      3Dflover
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by KenmoJr
      If one purchases Zephyr Lite, when version 7 is released are they charged the full price as if they were purchasing as a new user or do they get a reduced upgrade price?

Thanks very much...
      If you purchase 3DF Zephyr Lite you also get 1 year of updates included in the price, so if 3DF Zephyr 7 is released within a year of your purchase, then you automatically get updated to that version.

3DF Zephyr already creates depth maps for internal processing - If you have noisy surface reconstruction it's likely that either your photos have too much noise, or your subject has too few features. If you want to smooth a surface I recommend trying out the mesh smoothing operations under Tools>MeshFilters>Laplacian/Bilateral smoother...

Comment

• KenmoJr
        3Dflourished
        • Jan 2022

Sorry but you still did not answer my question.

This is a big concern for me, the lack of support and avoidance of answering questions with this forum.
        Kindly answer my question.

With Metashape, I have a strong reluctance to purchase anything Russian during the current global environment.

With 3DF Zephyr it is the vague answers from the support staff.

Comment

• cam3d
          3Dflover
          • Sep 2017

KenmoJr
          Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the support we have been providing. Maybe I didn't fully understand the question? 3DF Zephyr doesn't have the same features and processing methods as Metashape. Here's a breakdown of the 3DF Zephyr advanced meshing options: https://www.3dflow.net/zephyr-doc/en...tingamesh.html

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

I don't think Cameron was ever vague. Moreover, please remember this is the forum, which is a tool for customers to connect and discuss between them and us, and it is not the official support channel.

You can send support requests to support@3dflow.net or via the portal http://support.3dflow.net - I am not saying that Cameron isn't staff (he absolutely is) however he is instructed to prioritize customers tickets in our ticketing systems, as paying customers have priority.

Comment

• KenmoJr
              3Dflourished
              • Jan 2022

Kindly answer my original question...

In other words if I purchase Zephy Lite today and version 7 is released in 2 years time, do I have to purchase version 7 at the full price or is at an upgrade price (which is lower then the purchase price).

Not sure WHY no one has answered this simple question.

Comment

• cam3d
                3Dflover
                • Sep 2017

KenmoJr Beyond the 12 months of updates which come with a purchase of 3DF Zephyr, you can pay 20% of the licence cost annually to keep up to date with the latest versions - This information is on our feature comparison/purchase page: https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-feature-comparison/

Comment

• KenmoJr
                  3Dflourished
                  • Jan 2022

Originally posted by cam3d
                  KenmoJr Beyond the 12 months of updates which come with a purchase of 3DF Zephyr, you can pay 20% of the licence cost annually to keep up to date with the latest versions - This information is on our feature comparison/purchase page: https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-feature-comparison/

Thank you very much. That is the kind of information I was looking for. 20% of the license cost sounds like a very good deal.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎