X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimBob
    3Dflower
    • Mar 2022

Partial point cloud (entirely white)

Hello. This is my first enquiry. I have been using 3df lite to create models of trees from pictures captured from a drone. Sometimes the construction of the dense point cloud fails and creates a partial point cloud which is entirely white. I can't find anything in the manual or in the forum about why this might be happening. My laptop doesnt have the right graphics card but usually it just means I'm waiting over night for the model to be completed. Most if the time it works fine but every now and again I get this issue of the partial (entirely white) dense point cloud. Has anyone else experienced this and any insight into what is going wrong and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance!
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi JimBob - Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like maybe you ran out of RAM - Can you please share the Zephyr log from when you experienced this? With the log we can determine if it is indeed a RAM issue or something else entirely :-)

How to find Zephyr logs: https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...hyr-log-files/

Comment

• JimBob
      3Dflower
      • Mar 2022

Hi cam3d

I tried it again. The same has happened. I have attached the log file. - I can't make any real sense of it.

Thanks for your help!

JimBob
      Attached Files

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hi JimBob Thanks for sharing that log - From this I can see that you have a very low amount of RAM (6GB) and are running out of hard-drive space.

It's recommended that you have at least 16GB of RAM to run 3DF Zephyr at higher settings, (and for production work with a lot of data 32/64/128GB+)

If upgrading your RAM is not an option, then I recommend lowering your processing settings to complete the reconstruction without memory issues.

Comment

• JimBob
          3Dflower
          • Mar 2022

Hi cam3d

Thank you for your help with this. After I said I couldn't make sense of it I looked down towards the end and could see it running out of everything. At this point upgrading isn't really an option. How would I be best to lower the settings? Is it something I do in Zephyr? Would reducing the number of max CPU cores do the job?

JimBob

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

JimBob Reducing the CPU cores would onlybe useful if you had other apps running and wanted to free up some CPU processing power but it wouldn't resolve the memory issue - From the look of that log you were running the dense cloud reconstruction at High Detail - Drop this down to Default for starters and we can go from there into advanced settings if need be :-)

Comment

Working...