X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Niels
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2019

Photoconsistency based optimization - "iterations"

Hi, I have a quick question about the help-guide for photoconsistency-based optimization. In the "typical scenario and suggested settings"-section at the end it mentions the parameter "iterations". I can't find this in the Advanced-settings-menu, the GUI, of the PC-filter. In the Custom-settings, there is a "PCMaxIterations"-parameter, or is it the "PCSmoothingIterations"-parameter?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Niels -

You are correct that it's PCMaxIterations under Custom settings.

PCMaxIterations: The maximum number of iterations the Photoconsistency based optimization procedure is allowed to run.
    PCSmoothingIterations: The number of smooth filter iterations applied after photo-consistency has been processed.

Note: That tutorial appears to have been created for version 5.009 - As we are now at 6.503 and there have been improvements to the photo-consistency algorithm since the time of writing (http://devstatus.3dflow.net/wiki/3DF...atus_(Eggplant)), those previously recommended values are aren't as relevant - I only mention this because the max is now 20 iterations and default is 3.

Have a play around and see what works best for you!

Comment

• Niels
      3Dflower
      • Aug 2019

Got it, will do. Thanks!

Comment

Working...