Semi automated camera rig with FlowEngine code.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hutch07
    Blossoming 3Dflower
    • Apr 2022

Semi automated camera rig with FlowEngine code.

I am building a camera rig to scan caves and tunnels. There will be 6 identical cameras in a ring taking images every meter with about 20 percent overlap. Is it possible to automate 3DFlow or FlowEngine to "step" through these groups without much interaction. I was hoping to write some code to pull in the camera, lens and orientation information and build a 3D cave section. There will be over 800 images.
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi Hutch07 - I responded to your help ticket but it might have gone into your spam folder.

Our SDK uses the same core technologies as our 3DF Zephyr software - I recommend testing out Zephyr to see how well your camera ring performs - I believe 6/8 cameras and 20% overlap is cutting it a bit fine, and runs the risk of reconstruction failure - Pushing up the number of cameras and overlap will provide a more robust solution, but obviously comes with increase a data which needs to be managed.

You can download Zephyr for evaluation here: https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-ev...download-page/

?I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...