• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3dscanreality
    3Dfollower
    • May 2017

Multiples crashes on matching phase

hi there,

This weekend I have a lot of stuff to process and zephyr is giving me a lot of crashes at the first stage, matching phase...

I already reported an issue yesterday on the translation phase after textured object but this time, I've tested different parameters, from deep, to default and all of them as soon as it comes to finish the software crashes... appears an message like zephyr stop working and simply crashes..

the specific dataset is a pretty small one.. 72 images at 18mpx.. not that hard or difficult but it seems almost impossible to do this..

also tried other datasets and it is the same..

can't understand why..

thank you
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Hello,

Can you please send us the log file or the dump? Are the crashes occurring always at the same points (if you use the same parameters / dataset)? If they are occurring "randomly" please also check the cpu temperature or try a different machine if possibile, to exclude a overheating problem. The matching phase uses the cpu extensively.

On a side note, we've received the crash dump related to the transformation tool and we'll correct the problem in the next release. Thanks for reporting it!

Comment

• 3dscanreality
      3Dfollower
      • May 2017

Well.. I was confirming the cpu temp... maximum temp during the matching phase was 57 degrees celsius... my water cooler is almost in full power... so probably, it shouldn't be because of the overheat... 5min ago the dataset I was trying for 4 or 5 times worked but now, testing another... its the same... also a crash.. :/

Comment

• 3dscanreality
        3Dfollower
        • May 2017

i've sent you 5 logs of what is happening

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Hi 3dscanreality,

i'd like you to make a couple of tests in order to tackle your issue.

I am afraid the issue is in the GPU memory. When windows reboots, it's usually a sign of hardware failure, but there is a small chance this could also be due to drivers.

Could you please make sure you are using the latest drivers available for your video card?

The final test - if possible - would be to try with a different GPU in your system.

Comment

• jamesatfish
            Blossoming 3Dflower
            • Aug 2017

Hi,

New forum user here, we are 24 hours into our first trial evaluation of 3DF Zephyr and I just came to the forum looking for a solution to this exact problem.

I'm trying to process the first step (Spare Point Cloud) of a number of image sets with the same crashing issue. The sets contain around 50-80 photos taken on an iPhone 7, so not massively high resolution or particular complex subjects.

If I process on the 'Normal' mode the process completes successfully but I end up with around 80% of the cameras unused, so I've been wanting to try on the 'Deep' or 'Exhaustive' settings.

If I use either of those I get the same result as 3dscanreality reported - the process runs through all the steps (with Exhaustive taking 30+minutes), but right at the end the app crashes and I can never see the results of the process.

I'm running a reasonably capable rig - 6 month old i7 processor with water-cooling, 32Gb RAM, GTX1080 and GTX1070 graphics cards with latest drivers, SSD, Windows 10 with latest updates. Nothing is anywhere near temperature or memory limits at any point during the processing.

I'm not sure where logs are stored but I'm happy to send them through if they're of use.

Any assistance to help sort this out would be most appreciated, as unfortunately our trial isn't going so well at this point.

Comment

• Roberto
              3Dflow
              • Jun 2011

Hi James,

sorry to hear that! You can retrieve all the logs files from the %APPDATA% folder:
              https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...hyr-log-files/
              You can send me the log of the crash at this address: zephyr@3dflow.net .

Regarding the system specs, Zephyr should run without problems on that machine. What kind of crash to do you have? Windows reboots/blue screen or the software just stops working? Please also make sure you have enough disk space left in the C drive (the default one Zephyr uses for caching)

Comment

• jamesatfish
                Blossoming 3Dflower
                • Aug 2017

Roberto,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've zipped up all the logs in that folder and emailed them across - there is a mix of successful and failed logs in there so hopefully you can figure out what's triggering the failure cases.

The crash is just Zephyr itself - Windows displays the 'application has encountered a problem' message and after doing the pointless 'searching for a solution' thing Zephyr closes. Windows itself is not affected nor are any other apps that may be running at the time.

The C: drive has 144Gb free so hopefully that's not the issue.

Comment

Working...