X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • takumiLN
    3Dflower
    • Jul 2022

About the deformation of the mesh when importing Blender

When I export a 3D Zephyr texture mesh with obj / fbx and import it with Blender, the shape of the mesh changes.
    Is there any way to solve this, such as export settings?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi takumiLN - If the dataset is georeferenced (GPS) then Zephyr automatically saves the mesh vertices with double-precision (no rounding errors etc...) - LOTS of software doesn't support double precision data, so to import successfully it needs to be converted to a Local Rendering Reference System. (Maya, Meshlab etc... etc...).

You can select local rendering reference system on export, or in the workspace you can click this button:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1967.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	8254

I hope this helps!

Comment

• takumiLN
      3Dflower
      • Jul 2022

Hi cam3d.

I click Reset Local Rendering Button,
      It was displayed correctly!

Thank you so much!!

Comment

• KenmoJr
        3Dflourished
        • Jan 2022

Originally posted by cam3d
        Hi takumiLN - If the dataset is georeferenced (GPS) then Zephyr automatically saves the mesh vertices with double-precision (no rounding errors etc...) - LOTS of software doesn't support double precision data, so to import successfully it needs to be converted to a Local Rendering Reference System. (Maya, Meshlab etc... etc...).

You can select local rendering reference system on export, or in the workspace you can click this button:

Click image for larger version Name:	image_1967.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.1 KB ID:	8254

I hope this helps!
        That is good to know. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...