Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hi again CamCrichton - Different 3D programs often have different Up Axis - You can change the Up Axis in Zephyr through Tools>Options>Application>Up Axis

I can confirm that UDIM multi-tile UV mapping is supported by Zephyr, however there are various protocols and sometimes they can break (esp. with proprietary formats) - I did a couple of quick tests and it looks exporting multi-tile textures (UDIM or not) from Zephyr re-orders the tiles differently on a file format basis. For example, here's a mesh with 5 tiles:

Original in Zephyr - vs - Exported OBJ & Imported Directly

0 ---> 1
    1 ---> 0
    2 ---> 4
    3 ---> 3
    4 ---> 2
    5 ---> 5

Original in Zephyr - vs - Exported OBJ (UDIM) & Imported Directly

0 ---> 1
    1 ---> 0
    2 ---> 4
    3 ---> 3
    4 ---> 2
    5 ---> 5

Original in Zephyr - vs - Exported FBX & Imported Directly

0 ---> 2
    1 ---> 0
    2 ---> 4
    3 ---> 3
    4 ---> 1
    5 ---> 5

Original in Zephyr - vs - Exported FBX (UDIM) & Imported Directly

0 ---> 2
    1 ---> 0
    2 ---> 4
    3 ---> 3
    4 ---> 1
    5 ---> 5

I'm going to ping the devs to look into this - There might be a good reason for the re-order (third party dependencies) but I don't know enough about this subject to confidently advise further. In the meantime feel free to package up your ZEP project and corresponding files and send through to us at support@3dflow.net - Files can be shared using a service like GoogleDrive or WeTransfer.
    Last edited by cam3d; 2022-09-28, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• CamCrichton
      3Dfollower
      • Sep 2022

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

Redarding the up axis, I am aware of the differences and how to set it in the fbx exporter - but the point I was trying to make is 'import model' and 'import mesh with UV' when bringing the same model in one is rotated 90 degrees.

As for UDIM's if they are supported in the app for export that's great but I can't import a mesh with UV in UDIM format, it always errors.

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

No problem - Can you please share the model which rotates differently depending on import/importUV? I'm scratching my head because I'm unable to reproduce this on my end - support@3dflow.net? and just mention my name somewhere on the email so it's delegated appropriately.

Can you please also share the mesh with UDIM format UV mapped mesh which throws an error on import?

Thanks!

Comment

• CamCrichton
          3Dfollower
          • Sep 2022

I'm having a bit of an issue with importing anything. I upgraded computers, transferred files and now when I import I get the object listed in the Project but nothing visible in the viewport. Properties says it has triangles but nothing shows up. I can import those same models into a blank file but I can't import point clouds or cameras so I started all over again from images and again I could not import models into a file after it had a point cloud.

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Hi CamCrichton

Did you get a chance to send though those files mentioned previously? I just double checked our incoming tickets and couldn't see anything.

If you have a project you want to migrate from one PC to another then you need to make sure the .ZEP (Zephyr Project File) and the associated data is saved out, rather than exporting/importing individual components.

When an object is not visible in Zephyr, the most likely reason is that the visibility has been accidentally turned off - Check the visibility with the box to the left of the object name in the project.

Comment

• CamCrichton
              3Dfollower
              • Sep 2022

I have not sent files. It's gigabytes of data and a complete mess. I am using Maya to do the texture bake instead of Zephyr so it's no longer an issue to try and align the models. I need to run through this process again shortly with a new set of images, so now that I know what I'm doing I can create more efficient files. I'll report anything that goes awry.

The files' orientation was resolved when using obj instead of fbx - this could mean it is the fbx exporter settings from Maya or the importer in Zephyr not taking into account the up axis.

Whilst I have a workaround for the orientation I still have not been able to import a model with UDIM UV's. This is extremely important. I'll start a new thread when I'm back onto the texturing and send some files to support.

Comment

Working...