Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zminator15
    3Dflower
    • Feb 2018

So the close range/high details was what yielded my first results. Good model, just the detail on the wings were lacking, at least for how I wanted it to be.

These were imported and used all high settings on the point creation, but 50% at resolution for the image scaling. These, I believe, gave a much better sparse point cloud then the first one. Then I used all high settings for generating the dense point cloud. That is were I thing something may have got warped or changed, as when it was done creating, the dense cloud didn't seem completely fluid and seems fuzzy, or our of focus on the wings.

Then I tried making the mesh, that you see above, with very high on the poly count, smooth type, 70% water tightness, 30% on smoothness. I didn't use photoconsistency for that model. Tried it an got the result above.

Tried the photoconsistency settings, using the recommended settings for "Mesh with noise, high quality images" and only got a slightly better result.

Comment

• JyotiPrakash
      Blossoming 3Dflower
      • Oct 2018

Hey everyone, can yoy please help me with this? High Loss Of details while i am exporting my textured Mesh from 3DF Zephyr Pro and importing in 3ds Max. Tried both in Fbx and Obj format. Need help! Below are the screenshots
      Attached Files

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Hi JyotiPrakash,

i think you simply have never looked at the mesh in zephyr with lights on. Click on the lightbulb to make sure

Export and import should be pretty straighforward

Comment

• JyotiPrakash
          Blossoming 3Dflower
          • Oct 2018

Hi Andrea Alessi!
          The above image of zephyr is in light on mode. I always export with lights on in zephyr.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
            3Dflow Staff
            • Oct 2013

in your screenshot the lights are off (click the lightbulb). Exporting with them on or off is the same, it's just rendering.

If that's not what your issue is about however, try exporting in local coordinates, but from your screenshot i don't think local coordinates are the issue (the mesh would be blockier if the destination software didn-t support double precision)

Comment

• gule ranaa
              Blossoming 3Dflower
              • Jan 2022

Hey, am new to zephyr an i have same issue with models.
              I've created an object in Zephyr and it looks too good, same as real but When I export it as .obj or .fbx the mesh looks super bumpy.
              an i've read all previous chats here but i can't find a proper solution.
              am attaching the screenshots of my models.
              "capture" one is fron 3d viewer and other one is from 3d zephyr.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.png
Views:	331
Size:	206.5 KB
ID:	7833
              Attached Files

Comment

• gule ranaa
                Blossoming 3Dflower
                • Jan 2022

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	316
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	7835
                sorry the capture one wasn't uploaded mistakenly so its here

Comment

• KenmoJr
                  3Dflourished
                  • Jan 2022

I too am having this issue. I've been using the trial 14 day version which expired yesterday. And I was not able to resolve the bumpiness of my model via the recommendations in this thread and they did not resolve the issue.

I dislike the fact that by default 3DF Zephyr displays the image with some sort of algorithm that does not display the model in the way it appears if I was to print it or import it into another app ie: Blender; DAZ Studio, 3DCoat or e-onsoftware's Vue Creator. That I must turn this feature off via the light bulb and color triangle. I consider this a bit deceitful as these options should be TURNED OFF by default as most of us will be using our scanned model in an 3D app outside of 3DF Zephry.

Name:	53ChevyTextured.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	7837

Name:	53ChevyBumpy.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	7838

Other than using 3DCoat Blender or any other app to retopologize how can I resolve this ugly bumpiness?

Comment

• piman
                    3Dflower
                    • May 2020

I have this same issue. My models look great in zephyr with the lights on, but when I export it the lights are off and it looks low detail when someone else tries to open it in any other program. I figured out how to turn the lights back on in meshlab so that it looks better, but how do i export it from zephyr so that the "lights on" model opens by default when it's imported into another program?

Comment

• cam3d
                      3Dflover
                      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by piman
                      I have this same issue. My models look great in zephyr with the lights on, but when I export it the lights are off and it looks low detail when someone else tries to open it in any other program. I figured out how to turn the lights back on in meshlab so that it looks better, but how do i export it from zephyr so that the "lights on" model opens by default when it's imported into another program?
                      Hi piman - This kind of scene/shading information is not typically stored in a 3D model file. Every app is going to have it's own rendering/shading defaults so it's best to set your third party programs to render models how you wish to see them then save those preferences if possible so next time you open that program you don't need to fiddle around with settings etc..

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎