X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregchop
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

How do I export with the Full level of Detail for textures

Why do I loose so much detail on export ? Shown is the 3D view in Zypher compaired to External 3d view (In this case Keyshot)
  • Gregchop
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

Also what are the settings to get the absolute highest resolution of the images ?

Comment

• Roberto
      3Dflow
      • Jun 2011

Hi Gregchop,

There are no limitations on export. Just right-click on the textured mesh object from the left panel and select Export. From the screenshot, they seem two different objects. Or maybe the texture might have been disabled / not imported into keyshot? I would also try to export in a different format to check if there are problems reading a specific file format.

As for the image resolution, you mean during the processing or the texturing phase? During the densification, the photoconsistency optimization and the texturing there's a slider to control the size of the images (50%, means that the images are downscaled by two both in width and height). Although it might seem counter-intuitive, since all the pictures usually have pixel level noise, I would suggest not to use a 100% resolution during the mvs phase as you might get more noise in the final mesh. During the texturing phase, you can instead increase the slider to 100% and use a higher number of textures (default is 4, but you can increase that number). The drawback is that the final model will be bigger to handle and render.

Comment

• Gregchop
        3Dflourished
        • Feb 2018

I do not see these sliders you are talking about, please show

Comment

• cjhilinski
          3Dfollower
          • Feb 2018

Interesting that the shape of the nose is noticeably different between the two photos. I have an 1883 that looks a lot like yours. It has the eagle with the outstretched wings on the other side. I have several 1922-ish ones and on some of those the nose looks like your second photo. I was thinking about doing photog on the 1883 one but thought the image might be too flat.
          Last edited by cjhilinski; 2018-04-09, 02:11 AM. Reason: More info added.

Comment

• Gregchop
            Gregchop commented
            Editing a comment
            yes you are right, where as the coin goes, you basically get a mesh that looks like a flat slug....does feel wasteful of time considering it takes an hour to process and all your left with is a flat slug with zero features...3dflow does not do well on closeups
        • Roberto
          3Dflow
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Gregchop
          I do not see these sliders you are talking about, please show
          You have to switch to "advanced" mode during the stereo/mesh wizard. It's the "resolution" slider.
          When using the presets, "default" set the resolution to 25% and high details to 50%
          Attached Files

Comment

• Gregchop
            Gregchop commented
            Editing a comment
            Roberto, no tsure what version you are using but I dont SEE a Stereo Mesh Wizard
        • Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Hi Gregchop,

those are the window that appear when you are generating the dense point cloud or mesh.

I think you're referring to the export window, but please note Roberto is talking about the generation.

Comment

• Gregchop
            Gregchop commented
            Editing a comment
            OK...after doing some reading, appears only pro has the name Stereo Wizard during the mesh generation, hate to say this but between the 2 of you this is becoming very confusing over a simple question of HOW to preserve the photo quality on the final mesh with texture. Like i said, I am trying to scan a series of coins, since 3DFlow does not do well with close ups regarding mesh, all I have is a slug with questionable texture, since texture is all I have that adds quality to the scan I am just trying to squeeze all I can out. How about I send you a set of IMAGES, and you see what you can get your software to do ? Just let me know where to upload the images too. The images (72) all register, and are very high quality and dont require masking
            Last edited by Gregchop; 2018-04-11, 12:46 PM.
        • Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Greg,

all zephyr versions of course have the stereo wizard, otherwise you wouldn't be able to generate a dense point cloud. You're probably referring to the export dense point cloud feature which is available in zephyr pro and aerial only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	greg.png
Views:	1449
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	2258

As Roberto mentioned, make sure you're exporting the correct textured mesh when comparing in-zephyr rendering with other software. If you wish to increase the resolution for the generation, use the advanced settings as Roberto mentioned as well.

Feel free to send the images over via wetransfer, dropbox shared link or something similar.

Comment

• Gregchop
            3Dflourished
            • Feb 2018

Andrea, send me you email so I can share the drop box with you. I would really be interested if your team can make these images work to produce a good mesh of the coin. So far on my end just looks like a round slug

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Hi Greg,

I'll contact you over the email you used to sign up to the forum so you can share the photos with me

Comment

• Gregchop
                Gregchop commented
                Editing a comment
                Ready when you are, I also sent the files over to Agisoft to show what they can do. I would ask what ever level of SURFACE success to have, please provide me with the settings you used.
            • Andrea Alessi
              3Dflow Staff
              • Oct 2013

Greg,

I already sent you an email earlier, please check your spam folder

Comment

• Gregchop
                3Dflourished
                • Feb 2018

Let me know once you have downloaded the images, I will upload the zep file when you have the images....I ran out of DropBox space

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                  3Dflow Staff
                  • Oct 2013

Hi Greg,

i downloaded your material. I'll walk you trhough my train of thought, please point out any flaw or misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Gregchop
                  Why do I loose so much detail on export ? Shown is the 3D view in Zypher compaired to External 3d view (In this case Keyshot)
                  If I understand correctly, the one i labeled "A" is the keyshot texture, which you don't like, and "B" is the Zephyr texture, which you like

Name:	greg2.jpg
Views:	1373
Size:	1,012.9 KB
ID:	2270
                  I think you are simply exporting the wrong textured mesh.

As we've already pointed out earlier, you are probably exporting the textured mesh1 rather than your desired textured mesh 3.

Let me show with a drawing.

I think this is what you're doing.

Name:	greg3.jpg
Views:	1624
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	2271
                  See that zephyr defaults to TEXTURED MESH 1, regardless of what you are looking in Zephyr's workspace.

By doing so, you are exporting your textured mesh 1, which has this texture (here shown in meshlab so you can see this is independent from zephyr).

Name:	greg4.jpg
Views:	1331
Size:	595.0 KB
ID:	2272

You probably want to export the mesh YOU ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING in your Zephyr workspace. Simply do so. Either by right clicking the desired element or by selecting the correct mesh from the dropdown menu.

Name:	greg5.jpg
Views:	1372
Size:	877.2 KB
ID:	2273
                  Which i think is what you wanted to export, here it is seen in meshlab.

Name:	greg6.jpg
Views:	1411
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	2275

Is this the issue you were having or are you trying to get a better texture/mesh than your textured mesh 3 ? Your initial post and reply are very confusing so please point out any flaw in my explanation if I haven't understood what you mean. I tried to explain my reasoning step by step, so please try to do the same if I'm wrong.

Attached Files

Comment

• Gregchop
                    3Dflourished
                    • Feb 2018

Trying to get a better mesh

Comment

Working...