Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roberto
    3Dflow
    • Jun 2011

Ok, we still have to fix a couple of icons, but you should now be able to set the size up to 64x64 sam3d

Click image for larger version

Name:	iconsize.JPG
Views:	589
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	3786

(looking awful on my puny monitor )
    Attached Files

Comment

• ZazMMM
      3Dfollower
      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Roberto
      ZazMMM, I need Filippo for the qt part

I don't think that other dock area can be added so easily, but I might be wrong
      I haven't done any QT development at all, or in well over 10 years, so I have no idea what risks are involved or the level of effort. So, while It would be nice to have all of the docking/dockable panel features of QT available, I wouldn't delay or endanger the stability of the release by enabling new QT features.

The Edit panel is actually working as well for me now as the toolbar icons were. For me, hotkeys to activate the selection functionality would be better than the toolbar icons, the panel or the additional QT functionality.

Comment

• yoli
        3Dflower
        • Sep 2018

Problems found in 3DF+Zephyr+Beta+v4.121+(x64)

- doing multiple bounding box gizmo operations (rotate, scale) then using Undo doesn't seem to undo the last operation but go much further back into the undo stack

- undoing multiple times gizmo operations may remove the dense point cloud, this is dangerous!

- Local Rendering Reference System is checked by default on Export & enhance mesh dialog, but not when exporting a mesh with right-click on the mesh or exporting textured mesh. I think it should either be by default in all cases or none, else when we export using both methods (which I am doing), the meshes will not have the same location and scale.

- Textured Mesh Export dialog issue: when selecting/deselecting Local Rendering Reference System, Export as a Single Texture may be deselected.
        Last edited by yoli; 2018-11-17, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Roberto
          3Dflow
          • Jun 2011

Hi yoli , thanks for the feedback!

We have corrected the problems in the new beta (4.123). For the first two issues, we think they were happening when using the history with a tool (like the selection) open. Please let me know if this was the case or if you can replicate the issue with the new version. Cheers!

Comment

• yoli
            3Dflower
            • Sep 2018

Roberto : there is still a problem with the Undo with 4.123 with the bounding box:
            - open a dense cloud
            - display the bounding box, this is initial position
            - do a first rotation of the bounding box on one axis
            - do a second rotation of the bounding box on another axis
            - CTRL+Z to undo

expected result: bounding box should be in the first rotation position

actual result : bounding box returns to initial position skipping the two rotation operations

Comment

• yoli
              3Dflower
              • Sep 2018

Issue with gizmo tool: there are camera angles at where the pan controls can be invisible. Try to orbit around the dense cloud when the gizmo is displayed to see this. It also seems a pan control can disappear while one on the other side of the mesh appears. Actually this may be a feature But we don't expect the gizmo to have its parts appear/disappear, I think something is wrong there.

Another thing annoying about the new gizmo tool it that it is huge, so when we want to orbit with the camera sometimes we accidentally rotate/scale/pan the mesh. This is happening very often for me and I cannot even use the Undo because the latter is not working properly as mentioned above.
              Last edited by yoli; 2018-11-21, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• yoli
                3Dflower
                • Sep 2018

Issue with mesh display after mesh extraction with beta 4.123: a gray cube is displayed instead of the mesh. Generating a textured mesh from it works so I guess this is only a display issue, but I never had such a thing with the current non-beta release.

Update: this was just a limitation that can be removed in Tools/Options by raising the max number of triangles to be displayed. Would be good to have a dialog informing of the display limit when a mesh goes beyond the limit though.
                Last edited by yoli; 2018-11-21, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• yoli
                  3Dflower
                  • Sep 2018

4.123: small issue in Textured mesh generation dialog : "32 bits textures" is always checked (setting state is not retained unlike the others)
                  Also, "Export as a single texture" in textured mesh export is not retained either.
                  Last edited by yoli; 2018-11-21, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• yoli
                    3Dflower
                    • Sep 2018

4.123: issue with mesh naming, a "(2)" is appended at the end of the mesh name, see picture.

Comment

• ZazMMM
                      3Dfollower
                      • Nov 2018

I've had a few hangs while using the recent beta, build 2018.11.19.16.49.02. I might have had a similar hang or two on the previous version.

The hangs have happened at least during the first Workflow->Dense Point Cloud Generation use in a project. They happened after the Save Workspace successfully autosaved as when I restarted Zephyr it offered to load the autosaved project and the Dense Point Cloud was in that project.

If it happened on the previous beta I think it happened after a mesh generation with similar results, i.e. the autosaved project contained what it was generating at the time of the hang.

In all the hangs, the windows for the app just hung, i.e. WIndows added the "(Not Responding)" text to their title and the windows wouldn't repaint. One core of my CPU was fully utilized by 3D Zephyr Beta.exe.

I waited 10 minutes or more for the operation to complete, but it appeared that it wouldn't because what I had asked the program to do was already complete and the autosave had even fired off and completed. The GPU was not active at the time, but had been active during the actual computing part of the operation.

I wish I had more information to offer you on this, but there was no crash to allow sending a report and I haven't found a precise way to duplicate the problem.

I'm running Windoze 7 SP1, 16G of memory, i5-3570K, 1080ti with 416.81 drivers. My C drive, where the autosaves are going, has 40G free and the D drive where the project and images are stored has 100G free. Games, rendering, tensorflow and other CPU and GPU activities on my computer are running without any problems.

Comment

• ZazMMM
                        3Dfollower
                        • Nov 2018

OK, I had the hang again and remembered to get the App Hang info:

Code:
                        Description:
                          A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
                          Problem Event Name:    AppHangB1
                          Application Name:    3DF Zephyr Beta.exe
                          Application Version:    4.1.2.3
                          Application Timestamp:    5bf2dcbd
                          Hang Signature:    b599
                          Hang Type:    0
                          OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
                          Locale ID:    1033
                          Additional Hang Signature 1:    b599ae905e332878a1f0b3206d030a1e
                          Additional Hang Signature 2:    32ce
                          Additional Hang Signature 3:    32ce6694b6deafd9200a228d3892c137
                          Additional Hang Signature 4:    b599
                          Additional Hang Signature 5:    b599ae905e332878a1f0b3206d030a1e
                          Additional Hang Signature 6:    32ce
                          Additional Hang Signature 7:    32ce6694b6deafd9200a228d3892c137

Read our privacy statement online:
                          http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
                          C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
                        Zephyr completed the generation of the dense point cloud and showed the window to click "Finish" on after it autosaved. It hung at that point with that window up. Restarting the program offered to restore the autosaved project which opened in Zephyr with both the sparse and dense point clouds.

The only thing I can add is that I do switch to another application, or two, or three or four, , while Zephyr is working. At this point, I can't reproduce it at will. I've had maybe three hangs on over 10 new projectsin the last few days with the current beta. As I said previously, I might have had one or two hangs with the previous beta too.

Comment

• ZazMMM
                          3Dfollower
                          • Nov 2018

This might be a feature request, as the behavior is the same between the beta and the released version. However, with the changes to the selection UI, it might fit here.

1) I'd label the button "Manual", or maybe "By Hand". Right now the button is labeled Hand which strikes me as a bit odd. This feels like an Italian to English translation issue which I'm a bit sensitive to as I've been working on Japanese and make poor choices myself sometimes or see Japanese picking bad English words. "Manual Selection" or "Selection by Hand" would be common ways to say what the action of that button does. This isn't a big issue, most would figure it out, I'm just sensitive to things like this from my own experience with Japanese.

2) I prefer to use the Lasso most of the time. The window that the "Hand" button brings up always defaults to Rectangle as the selection type. However, that same window remembers whether Add or Remove were picked. I would expect the window to remember the state of everything that makes sense to remember or to remember nothing. Remembering one state and not the other state is a bit odd and causes me to constantly switch to Lasso every time.

Keep up the good work, it's been fun playing with features I don't normally have in the Lite version.

Comment

• cam3d
                            3Dflover
                            • Sep 2017

Import custom UV model. OBJ files don't appear in the 'meshes' selection (which should include OBJ files) - But does if you select OBJ+MTL. (Images attached)

Don't mind the .obj.obj file naming - I was just testing to see if it was a problem with naming structure - I don't usually do that

The speedups are insane! Well done
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Roberto
                              3Dflow
                              • Jun 2011

Thanks a lot for the feedback, we are adding the fixes to the dev build.

Yesterday we have release v. 4.124 with some further fixes, an improved workspace merge, add photos to existing project and bundle adjustment managements. Other fixes/improvements will follow next week

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎