• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roger johnson
    3Dflourished
    • Nov 2020

all aspect model

Hi

Im a newbie and have spent the last month trying to understand how to make an all aspect model - as if the object is floating in space

In the example below, the camera positions seem to be correct with the majority of images from above but a couple of images from below .

What I dont understand is why the mesh images from above are depicted yet the images from below do not appear.

I'm sure Ive missed the appropriate documentation.

RJ

PS TIA

• Andrea Alessi
    3Dflow Staff
    • Oct 2013

https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...for-turntable/ and a videotutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGRw...ture=emb_title that should get you on the right direction

Comment

• roger johnson
      3Dflourished
      • Nov 2020

Thanks for the reply. I have tried endless attempts at masking as well as tripod mounted camera and simulated turntable.

As far as I am concerned the camera postions are correctly indicated for every image so I dont think the background is the problem ..

otherwise the camera positions would be incorrect ???

I will try to create additional images from below to see if the additional content makes a difference.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
        3Dflow Staff
        • Oct 2013

Then you may simply lack enough photos?

It's hard for me to tell what the problem is without taking a look at the photos - if you want to share them with us (either post a public download link, e.g. gdrive or dropbox here, or send them e.g. via wetransfer to support@3dflow.net ) I will be happy to give you a more tailored answer

Comment

• roger johnson
          3Dflourished
          • Nov 2020

Have transferred example datasets via wetransfer to support@3dflow.net. Hope they help!

Comment

• roger johnson
            3Dflourished
            • Nov 2020

Ive been trying to merge two circular groups of 25 images without much success one group from above the other group from below.

Each group seperately creates a resonable mesh.

The problem comes when i try to attempt a combined group of 50 images. Only one or other of the groups is rendered.

As I am using the free version, I am limited to 50 images. Could the problem be that I need more circular images at different levels?

In which case do I need to request a trial full version?

PS wetransfer files expire on 11th December

Comment

• cam3d
              3Dflover
              • Sep 2017

Hi Roger - I had a look at the data provided and you are correct in thinking you need more photos at different levels (maybe two more rings of cameras capturing the edge of the subject, with each of the four rings equidistant). You can download an evaluation copy of 3DF Zephyr through this link https://www.3dflow.net/3df-zephyr-ev...download-page/

Comment

• roger johnson
                3Dflourished
                • Nov 2020

many thanks for the reply

I will try again next week

Comment

• roger johnson
                  3Dflourished
                  • Nov 2020

finally ...

got a proper model using litel!

added 4 more circular datasets levels) which is probably over the top with a total of 6x24 images (144)

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎