X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HedStone3D
    3Dflower
    • Aug 2023

Hardware limits exceeded

I have Zephyr Lite 7.021 and have been thrilled with the results in my first week of use. I had previously been experimenting for another couple of weeks with the free version.

I have followed the advice within the error message, gone to the System tab and tried adjusting the limits in there, both up and down. There is no combination I can find that works.

My system is using a Quadro P4000 GPU with a memory of 8,191Mb, a frequency of 1,480,000Khz and 14 processors.

Any clues?
    ?
  • cam3d
    3Dflover
    • Sep 2017

Hey HedStone3D - Glad to hear you have been enjoying Zephyr so far!

Regarding hardware limits - Can you please share the relevant log file with us? https://www.3dflow.net/technology/do...hyr-log-files/

This will help with troubleshooting :-)

Best regards,
    Cameron

Comment

• HedStone3D
      3Dflower
      • Aug 2023

Wow, that was quick, thank you!

This message won't let me upload a file ending in .flog How should I do that?
      But I have uploaded 3 images of the process.

Cheers
      JerryG

Comment

• cam3d
        3Dflover
        • Sep 2017

Hey HedStone3D

Thanks for the screen shots - You could email the file to support@3dflow.net or upload it somewhere and share the download link here :-)

7.5m triangles isn't a massive amount so shouldn't been causing issues unless the hardware limits were mistakenly dropped.

Can you share a screenshot of your hardware limits in the Zephyr options menu? Thanks!

Comment

• HedStone3D
          3Dflower
          • Aug 2023

Here are the hardware limits.
          I have previously been successfully using a Max Texture Size of 8192 x 8192.
          When this problem started happening I then tried 4096 x 4096 and even "No Limit". but neither worked.
          You'll therefore see that this time I set it to the ridiculously low 256 x 256, just to see what happened.
          Emailing you the log file now.

Comment

• cam3d
            3Dflover
            • Sep 2017

Hi HedStone3D

Max texture size in the system settings is a total of all textures generated.

In this instance your textured mesh settings allows up to 16x 8*8k images. This would theoretically be 16x more data than allowed with a 8x8k total hardware limit, but with the amount of image data you are inputting, you're not getting 16x 8*8k total, but you are getting more than 1x 8*8k which is why the limit has been reached.

For simplicities sake I'd recommend using a single texture rather than multi-tile texture, and raising your system and texture mesh settings to 16/32k.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• HedStone3D
              3Dflower
              • Aug 2023

Thanks Cam, I'll give it a go.

1. Can you give me any guidance on when/where I ask for single texture rather than multi-tile?

2. Can I retrospectively adjust that on my project which has already been through 99% of the process or would it be prudent to go back and start completely afresh?

Comment

• cam3d
                3Dflover
                • Sep 2017

HedStone3D You can set single or multi in the textured mesh generation presets or through the advanced texture mesh generation settings (top right of the textured mesh generation window).

You can repeat the dense cloud, meshing and textured meshing as much as you like and flick between them in the project panel :-) No need for a full rebuild.

Comment

• HedStone3D
                  3Dflower
                  • Aug 2023

Thanks so much for all your help today Cam, GREAT job!

Comment

• cam3d
                    3Dflover
                    • Sep 2017

No problem HedStone3D - Happy to help :-)

Comment

• noramila
                      3Dflower
                      • Aug 2023

One way to alleviate GPU memory constraints is to reduce the resolution of the textures applied to the mesh. Lower-resolution textures will consume less memory. In Zephyr, you can adjust the texture size during the reconstruction or texturing process.

Comment

• n20sanders
                        Blossoming 3Dflower
                        • Dec 2023

Great jobs, thank for all!
                        International Freight

Comment

Working...