Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gregchop
    3Dflourished
    • Feb 2018

This is the best mesh I have been able to produce, sorry for the confusion, I did figure out the export texture....was focusing on the MESH now
    Last edited by Gregchop; 2018-04-12, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
      3Dflow Staff
      • Oct 2013

Oh, so you're problem is not tied to the texture then? Ok, i'll try to process your photos tomorrow.

On a side note, avoid removing exif data and try taking better pictures. I don't know what ISO speed you used since you stripped the exif data but there is a lot of room for improvements, as there is a lot of noise due to a very high ISO speed.

Comment

• Gregchop
        3Dflourished
        • Feb 2018

What ISO Speed you recomend ? I used 1000. When you avoiding removing exif data, not sure what you mean, I did no post processing..the images I sent you were the RAW (NEF)
        images right ? Exactly how did you detect a high amount of noise ?
        Last edited by Gregchop; 2018-04-12, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
          3Dflow Staff
          • Oct 2013

Here are some general shooting tips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E06k...ature=youtu.be

I personally shoot at ISO-100 or ISO-200. I don't see exif data on the file you sent me, but that's no issue for this specific topic:

Simply look at your images at their 1:1 zoom or the texture generated by Zephyr.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gregnoise.jpg Views:	1 Size:	535.7 KB ID:	2282

that's ISO speed noise on your images. Which means either you're stuck using a lower resolution inside zephyr (See Roberto's post) or taking better images.

Comment

• Gregchop
            3Dflourished
            • Feb 2018

OK ISO 200 it is...will rescan accordingly

Comment

• Gregchop
              3Dflourished
              • Feb 2018

So...here are scans one from the ISO 1000 and one from the ISO100, to my eyes I really don't see much difference, processing them now through 3Dflow

Comment

• Gregchop
                3Dflourished
                • Feb 2018

Please update the images I sent you with the new ones, as the new ones are the ones Agisoft will be using as well

Comment

• Andrea Alessi
                  3Dflow Staff
                  • Oct 2013

What is your target vertex count by the way? here is a simple result using presets (close range/default, close range/high details, close range/high details sharp features + additional PC, defaults 8k).

It is fairly low poly but looking at your screenshot you were aiming for something smaller? this one is 178k points (305k triangles). Let me know if you have a target vertex count so i can decimate it to your target as well for better comparison.

Click image for larger version  Name:	gregmesh.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	2294

As for the texture, the new photos are better, as you can see with lower iso you get much less noise

Click image for larger version  Name:	gregtexdetail.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.0 KB ID:	2295

Click image for larger version  Name:	gregA.jpg Views:	1 Size:	68.6 KB ID:	2296

Click image for larger version

Name:	gregB.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2298
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...