|3DF Zephyr 3.700 is out now!
You can dowload the update at the usual URLs over 3dflow.net or via the autoupdater by simply launching your existing installation of 3DF Zephyr.
The first, long awaited change you’ll notice, is the support of multi textures in both output (you can generate textured models with more than one texture, finally!) as well as in input: you can re-import meshes with custom UVs in multiple textures.
Another, long time requested feature, is the multiband native support: Zephyr Aerial now fully supports multi layers as well as a very easy photometric calibration process. Although multilayer is usually used for multispectral cameras, there are many other applications: this is useful for example when you use projectors on a fixed rig to take images with projector on/off for better reconstruction.
The equirectangular cameras support has also improved with 3.700: now when decomoposing a camera, the Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Front/Back extracted cameras will take advantage of their natural position as constraint, with an even better camera navigator for easier control points placement.
Many of the new core technology improvements include: SfM speed in bigger dataset, a new texturing algorithm which can also use photconsistency information and automatic blurriness filtering, MvS optimization and much more.
Many tools have been revamped and improved: 3DF Masquerade now offers a turntable-specific optimization, the quality index tool have been improved a lot, the selection now consider backface culling, and much much more!
It’s also worth underlining that we re-organized 3DF Zephyr Pro and 3DF Zephyr Aerial features: 3DF Zephyr Pro now dropped the orthophoto and orthomosaic features, and 3DF Zephyr Aerial now covers all available features (including the previously pro-only Shape from Silhouette) – if you had a 3DF Zephyr Pro license with active updates, you should have already received an email for a free license upgrade – if not, please get in touch with email@example.com
Thanks to this re-organization, you can now buy 3DF Zephyr Pro for only 2400€ (down from 2900€)
The full 3DF Zephyr v3.700 changelog is the following:
- Added support to multi-texture generation and major texturing improvements
- Added Sharpening filter during texturing
- Added Blurriness detection during texturing
- Added Photoconsistency during texturing
- Added Radiometric calibration
- Added multispectral support for orthophoto generation with multispectral transform composition
- Added multispectral viewer with colormaps support
- Added layers management in cameras
- Added ‘turntable mode’ for automatic silhouette computation in Masquerade
- Added Full 360 degree / equirectangular support
- Added XMP workflow for fixed loading cameras parameters
- Added keyboard shorcutsshortcuts to 3DF Masquerade
- Added ‘High Frequency Gain’ slider for photoconsistency to preserve sharp details
- Added color by elevation in the “update colors” dialog
- Added “shutdown computer” function
- Added .fbx import support
- Added UDIM texture support in import
- Added z+f bubble view support
- Added Backface culling during selection
- Added position constraint in bundle adjustment for RTK GPS
- Added custom color map to the dem viewer
- Added ‘remove masks’ command
- Added support for 3fr raw cameras (Hasselblad)
- Added filters history in the mesh and point cloud property windows
- Added ‘ignore backface’ for points and triangles selection
- Added button to restart wizard when reconstruction failed
- Added stereo textured mesh join
- Added number of viewed cameras and reprojection threshold point cloud selection methods
- Sparse point cloud is less sparse and cleaner
- New image quality index tool (now available also in the free version)
- Utility menu reorganized
- Activation and licenses are now ‘per machine’ rather than ‘per user’
- Improved Samantha speed with very large datasets
- Improved MvS in scarcely supported regions
- Improved speed when opening projects
- Improved 360 degree / equirectangular support
- Improved images selection in automatic polyline extraction and marker detection dialogs.
- Fixed an issue when defining the up vector Y to workspaces created with Z as up vector
- Fixed an issue when selecting cameras in import mesh with UV
- Fixed a bug with Sketchfab uploader
- Fixed a problem during MVS with scarcely supported regions
- Fixed a problem with importing a mesh with external uv map
- Fixed a problem with multigpu during MRF computation (it was actually using only 1 gpu)
- Fixed a problem with georeference data and polyline tools
- Fixed a problem with kmz export
- Fixed a problem with non triangular ply import
- Fixed several input / output problems with some formats
- Fixed a naming problem when generating sections
- Fixed undo/redo actions after autocompute in Masquerade
- Fixed a bug in ply import
- Fixed a bug with visibility computation and almost planar subjects
- Fixed a bug with import from video
- Fixed a bug psz import
- Minor bugfixes
- Minor UI changes
- Minor 3DF Masquerade fixes