|Good news everyone!|
With tools specifically designed for surveying professionals, the newest addition to the 3DF Zephyr family includes contour lines generation with DXF export, GPS/exif and projected coordinate systems support, sections as well as growing set of tools. We listen carefully to our users, so please make sure to give us feedback on which tools you need!
As an added bonus, 3DF Zephyr Aerial supports Microgeo’s 3D Eye Control system with a one click integration to the 3D Eye Control Android Application.
3DF Zephyr Lite and 3DF Zephyr Pro are also being updated to the Zephyr 2.1 core codebase. The update can be downloaded from the usual URL of from the Zephyr autoupdater.
3DF Zephyr 2.1 Changelog:
3DF Zephyr (all versions) :
- Minor improvements in SfM and MvS phases
- Improved .zep file loading speed (you must save again your previously saved .zep files when asked to do so)
3DF Zephyr Pro Only
- Shape from Silhouette: with this new feature it’s now possible to create a dense point cloud from the sparse point cloud using masks rather than the classic MvS algorithm. This new approach is much faster (albeit it’s much less detailed) and can be used to create quick dense point cloud previews (or to initialize the MvS phase) and to create rough shapes even of transparent subjects. The subject must be fully visibile from the shots and masked correctly. A SfS tutorial will be published in the upcoming days.
- Fixed a minor bug when exporting PDF3D
3DF Zephyr Aerial Only
- Out now! Everybody who purchased a 3DF Zephyr 2.0 Pro license prior to October the 8th, 2015, can ask for a free license switch to Aerial if they wish to do so. Please write directly to email@example.com to request a 3DF Zephyr Aerial trial (if you wish to try it before asking the license switch) or to request a license switch (this offer is valid until November, the 15th, 2015). Tutorials of the new features will be published in the upcoming weeks.
- Make sure to have a look at the feature comparison on the 3DF Zephyr page.