3DF Zephyr 3.500 is ready for download!
As usual, you can download the update at the usual URLs over 3dflow.net or via the auto-updater by simply launching your existing installation of 3DF Zephyr.
We’re very excited about v3.500 and we’re sure you will love it too!
What’s new in this release?
This release focused in merging major technology improvements that have been developed for a while in our office. With the addition of our hyperplane matching technology in our MvS pipeline, 3DF Zephyr is now even more accurate than ever. The same can be said about our texturing algorithm, that has been improved a lot as well as other many internal optimizations.
3DF Zephyr is the complete photogrammetry software solution, and with v3.500, it’s even more complete than ever!
As usual, we also improved our existing tools and added a lot of new important features as well: being able to export texture in exr/tiff has been one of the most requested features in the last few months, and we’re happy to have that too in v.3500!
Other tools worth mentioning are the fan-favourite frames extraction from video (that has been improved witha better UI), a new shader system (you can also write your own shaders, too!), full unicode support, the possibility to add a camera via control points (Pro/Aerial only) and much, much more!
The full changelog of Zephyr 3.500 is the following:
- Structure from Motion improvements
- Multiview stereo significant improvements
- Added Hyperplane matching
- MVS Final voting phase speed-up
- Texturing improvements
- New shader system with custom shader editor for mesh and textured meshes
- Improved frames extraction from video
- Improved 4k UI support
- Added 4k video export support
- Added manual orient single camera from 3 control points (3DF Zephyr Pro and 3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added orthophoto generation in tiles (Pro/Aerial only)
- Added kmz – LOD export
- Added Full Unicode support (also file loading and object names)
- Added CAD drawing from a single image (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added drawing elements layers (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added drawing elements import from txt (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added polyline drawing preview in 3D window (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added revit plugin (experimental) (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added Autopath creation from all cameras in animation
- Added experimental bundle adjustment with terrain assumption (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Added two new point cloud filters (noise/distance, plane fitting)
- Texture can now be generated and exported in 16bit (exr) or 32bit (tiff)
- Improved dense point cloud post processing and coloring
- Improved bubble views (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Improved polyline extraction from single images workflow (3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- Improved orthomosaic generation
- Improved obj import speed
- It is now possible to disable coloring to speed up processing
- It is now possible to use unified and persistent cache folder
- It is now possible to zoom/reset view on a specific object
- It is now possible to drag and drop an entire folder to load 3D models
- Better memory management when loading image of very big size ( >50 Megapixels)
- Fixed a problem with synthetic bubble views
- Fixed a crash during surface extraction
- Fixed a bug that would sometime crash zephyr when applying filters
- Fixed many other minor bugs
- Fixed DNG white balance issue
- Preset tweaks
- Minor ui fixes
- Miscellaneous fixes