|3DF Zephyr 4.500 is ready for download!|
You can download the update at the usual URLs or via the auto-updater by launching Zephyr!
So what’s new? A lot of improvements, as usual, in both the core technology and the user experience as well!
This major update took a little longer than you’re used to, but we really think it was worth the wait!
The core technology now yields even better results than before, with an all-new detail enhancement filter for mesh, a new UV-packing algorithm, and much more!
The user experience is also improved significantly with a lot of new tools and improvements, such as the option to generate normal maps and displacement maps directly in 3DF Zephyr, support for custom geoids, bigtiff file support, a terrain extraction tool, and much more!
- Better detail extraction during the mvs/mesh extraction
- The mesh enhancement filter has been improved to extract more details
- The multiview stereo has been speeded up further
- Better UV packing algorithm during texture generation
- Raised internal resolution (The single image resolution can now be bigger)
- All our core libraries for (3D engine, Math, GUI) have been updated to the latest version with several bug fixes.
- In order to optimize the computation, mesh and dense point cloud will be computed one shot by default. It will be still possible to generate a separate point cloud if needed.
- New General preset category suitable for most cases
- The texturing generation page now have presets as the other pages
- You can bake normals maps (Object and Tangent space) starting from a high poly mesh to any textured mesh.
- All the workspace elements can be now moved up or down and organized in any order
- The alignment tools dialog has been reorganized for better usage
- 3Dconnexion mouse support
- Corrected an issue and improved the flat shading rendering shader
- The “Copy all” command in Masquerade now works instantly
- Added an option to extract all the frames from a video sequence
- Up to 10x faster frames from video extraction
- Fixed a bug in the keypoints animator
- Degenerate tetrahedra management has been improved, and it will lead to a better meshing in some cases
- Quad buffer support for stereo 3D display (3DF Zephyr Pro and Aerial Only)
- Control points can be reorganized and moved up or down on the list (3DF Zephyr Pro and 3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- The PDF report has been completely overhauled (3DF Zephyr Pro and 3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- New hotkeys for switching images during control point selection (3DF Zephyr Pro and 3DF Zephyr Aerial Only)
- You can now load custom Geoid for georeferencing (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- The orthophoto generation process has been sped up (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- The tiled orthophoto can now be exported as a unique BigTiff file (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- Orthophoto tiff files are now exported both with alpha channel and “nodata” value for transparency (improved compatibility with different viewers) (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- Added intelligent cropping of the orthophoto borders (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- Improved polylines and cad shaders. It’s now possible to render them in world space instead of screen space (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- New terrain extraction tool with the CSF point Filter (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- You can import polylines and points as DXF (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)
- Improved pick polyline with Undo/Redo (3DF Zephyr Aerial only)